It's been a long time since I've been this busy, but a lot to show for it. Almost every project I'm touching, personal and @greymass related, all received attention this week. Apologies to everyone if over the past 2-3 days I've been unresponsive, I needed a bit of downtime!
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-10-16:
- Released two steemdb updates, 0.4.0 - rich account history and 0.4.1 - curation/author leaderboards.
- Worked with @paxmagnus and wrote two @greymass posts:
- Worked on the
developbranch of greymass/reprint. Migrated almost all of the initial code from steempress. Upgraded the entire foundation of the application to symfony2 + silex2.
- Created the greymass/reprint-starter which will act as the starting point of new reprint projects.
- Created greymass.com using the reprint-starter package with a basic semantic-ui theme as the basis of our website.
- Started looking into what Golos is doing since it's launching next week. The testnet is running at this point, so I started researching what it would take to migrate some of my projects over to support golos as well.
- golos.steemdb.com is now running. Not all features are enabled yet (some of the newest), but it turns out it was a pretty easy migration.
- golos.steemstats.com is sort of running. Still some issues, no currencies have been localized. This one will be a bit more tough to migrate over since it's a bit more complicated.
- Setup golos.steem.ws as a public golos node.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- This week golos launches, I will be available for it's launch as well as resetting all the services I maintain to help how I can for a smooth launch.
- greymass/reprint will be the focus of my development activities. On my plate immediately is removing the steemd components and migrating them into their own library for other projects to use. This week's focus is on it's core engine and ensuring it's structured the best it can be.
- I just purchased a new Raspberry Pi 3 and am setting it up to run some of the scripts I use to help maintain my corner of the steem network. Network status, block-miss monitoring, and a few other features will be deployed onto this device.
- This week I'll be writing a post about the roadmap for greymass/reprint and our development schedule.
- The first two websites powered by reprint are in development, hopefully we will be announcing one this week.
3. Thoughts from this week
I have been thinking a lot about golos this week and it's approach to building a brand new graphene based social network. While I don't really agree with the fact that it's a new blockchain, having a second blockchain has somewhat opened my eyes to some of the potential we have here.
The things we build here are compatible with other potential networks that use the same technology (to a degree). That's pretty amazing. Almost every script we have created in this community now can be used (with little modification) on a completely separate blockchain and site.
As this ecosystem of graphene based applications continues to grow and splinter off into it's own use cases, we are continually adding value to these products we create. The number of compatible blockchains multiplies the value of everything we're working for here and helps validate those that came before it.
While I've been outspoken in the past, I'm looking forward to seeing many new applications adopting this technology!