A busy, but good week. steemdb launched, steempress is finally getting love again, and I've actually setup a demo of steempress on jesta.us. jesta.us was my old, old blog and has now been repurposed to be my "witness blog". steempress has been configured on this website to watch my account, and display any posts with the
witness-category tag. In fact, this post should be showing on the top there right now!
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-08-26:
- Two pull requests for steemit.com:
- Launched steemdb.com - an open source blockchain explorer. This was the majority of my early week, getting things ready, writing the post and doing some optimizations.
- Progress on steempress - primarily the support for themes, some new routes, and starting to really abstract the API layer.
- Added a new node to steem.ws in singapore, increasing global coverage. I've shifted some of my SBD into BTC and can cover the hosting for my nodes for the next year or so. I also rebuilt all the nodes to with fixes from @dantheman that resolved the unintention fork that occured yesterday. If anyone needs instructions on how, I can post them, just let me know.
- Progress on the SteemPress Bounty. I've decided to award the full amount to both entries. I've been coordinating this week with @dudutaulois and @pkattera on their respective entries, and am getting them integrated into steempress.
- I have a one-shot script for setting up a web node that I'm refining. I setup the singapore node for steem.ws using this. Still some kinks to work out, but plan on releasing it soon.
- I've been participating heavily in steemit.chat, helping as many people as possible, and I've helped a number of people running nodes that ended up on the wrong fork.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- Continue working with @dudutaulois and @pkattera on implementation of their steempress themes. Once I have the code and two working prototypes, I'll be making an announcement with two live demo sites showing it off.
- More pull requests to the steemit.com repository are coming. I'm picking simple, but somewhat time consuming tasks that I can accomplish to help reduce the load from the core devs.
- I have some additional things I'd like to add to steemdb, as suggested by the community. Some time over the next week or two I'll be working on that.
- steemstats.com will soon be inheriting chart/historical data from steemdb!
- I am working with my business partner to formulate a plan involving steem. Will be presentable hopefully in the coming weeks.
3. Thoughts from this week
My excitement for the project continues to grow - some of the SIP (Steem Improvement Proposal)'s that @dantheman has posted on github look incredible. I hope to be involved in a number of their discussions and contribute however I can. Some of the opportunities that these ideas could create are truly awesome. Kudos to the steem devs for continuing the evolution of this platform.
I'd also like to give a shoutout to everyone currently contributing meaningful conversations and information about the witness program itself. The guys over at @steemsmart interviewed @pharesim earlier this week, there was a lot of good information around the topic.
Other than that, I haven't had any specific burning topics on my mind this week though, it's been incredibly busy with real life and what you see above. Over the course of the next month I'll be moving, so it's about to get even busier.