The 0.3.5 update is primarily focused on a new post inspector, some minor tweaks and a few bug fixes.
If you're unfamiliar with steemstats.com, I'd recommend you check out the rest of my blog posts to read through the evolution of this tool.
Improved Post Inspector
The new post inspector is designed in preparation for the upcoming vote changes (in steem 0.14.0) and helping understand the impact votes have on posts. The header is now the post's title (which if clicked, goes to the post), the author, the time posted, as well as a link to the post on steemd.com or steemdb.com.
For each vote, from left to right, you have the following information:
- The calculated weight of the vote (the bold number), and below it, the vote weight percentage specified by the voter, and the total percentage of weight contributed to the post (in parentheses) .
- The account who cast the vote and how long ago it was cast
- The total reward shares contributed to the post by the voter
- The current/estimated contribution to the author's post reward.
- The current/estimated curation reward the voter will receive.
The current/estimated rewards currently only works for posts in the first payout period, but the post inspector now works from both the Recent Activity screen and the Posts screen.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug on the curation stats reward that was displaying SBD.
- Fixed an issue with comment payout calculations sometimes displaying incorrectly.
- Removing a watched account now also resets the account followers/following tabs.
- Fixed a few memory leaks (still more work needs to be done here)
- Attempt at fixing the timezone problem. For those of you that experienced the time calculations being incorrect, please let me know if the post inspector's dates are now correct.
- Added link on each post that leads to steemdb.com.
- Added link on each user that leads to steemdb.com.
- Added new operation types for 0.14.0 support next week.
Future of steemstats
I've mentioned this before in a few of my other posts, but never in an update for steemstats itself. Currently I am evaluating the potential of merging steemstats.com and steemdb.com into a single website, focusing both on the realtime and historical aspects in the same tool.
This somewhat long process has caused me to halt the addition of new features on steemstats, until I fully evaluate if and how this would work. Over the past few weeks I've been actively learning and exploring react, evaluating it as a replacement for angular, which currently powers steemstats. I have also been expanding the APIs on steemdb for an integration regardless of the chosen direction.
We are currently in the 0.3.x series of steemstats, and 0.4.0 is going to be one of two things:
- A feature rich version of steemstats that integrates the steemdb api endpoints currently being created
- A brand new, open source version of steemstats and steemdb into a single application (steemdb will become an API)
Unfortunately, 0.4.0 won't likely be ready until October at the very earliest, possibly even later in the year. I have a number of other things to do over the next 30-60 days that will shape the next 6-12 months of my life, much of it involving development on projects directly related to steem. This also means that news on the steemstats front will be going a bit quiet, except for critical fixes and maintenance.
But - if you have feature requests or bug reports, feel free to submit them. I keep track of it all. I love chatting about this stuff and it's a pleasure to work on a project that serves over a thousand steemians use each day ;)