With a successful hardfork today and a changes happening to how voting percentages work - I figured it might be wise to take a few hours to adjust the voting controls on chainBB.
As always, the beta is available here:
and this post is available here:
Not sure what chainBB is? Here's a few posts to get you started:
- chainBB - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- chainBB.com - a blockchain forum platform for Steem (by @jesta)
- ChainBB - A Review of what may become way bigger than steemit.com (by @cryptoctopus)
- Diversifying My Steemit Experience: In Over My Head With Awesome ChainBB (by @prufarchy)
Update #1 - Estimated Author Rewards added
I think the gif speaks for itself!
Notice: HF19 Voting Changes
As you've probably read in other posts - some big changes have happened today regarding how voting works. In summary:
- The target number of 100% votes per day has been reduced from 40 to 10.
- Each vote's impact for curation/rewards has been increased by 4x.
- The vote weight has been linearized, removing the extra advantage those with huge balances previously had.
What does this mean to you?
If you are somehow who votes on more than 10 posts per day, or 50 posts every 5 days, you likely will want to reserve your 100% votes for posts absolutely deserving of it. If you continue voting @ 100% more than 10 times per day, the effectiveness of your votes will continue to decrease until you give it time to regenerate.
To help explain these changes, I've updated chainBB's vote power popup to explain more of what will happen at different power levels...
The voting controls are now more visibility split into two separate controls, one to cast the vote (blue) and one to adjust the your voting power (white), as seen at the top of this screenshot:
The popout that appears when you hover over the controls has a number of different features enabled to help guide you on adjusting your voting power.
- The Voting Power slider now supports up to 2 decimal places, allowing for those with very large accounts to go sub-1%.
- The Voting Power now has an input box so you can enter a number between 0.01 - 100.00.
- Between the slider and the input box, there is now an estimated amount in which your Voting Effectiveness will decrease if you cast a vote at the set Power.
- A voting budget has been added to the bottom right explaining a little about regeneration and how many votes you can effectively cast at different levels of Power.
One of the changes in HF19 which had rippling effects is the increase in effectiveness of each vote.
Before today, each vote you cast reduced your effectiveness by approximately 0.5% of your current effectiveness, which increased to 2% per vote as of HF19. This reduced the optimal number of @ 100% power votes from 40 to 10. In order to achieve a higher number of votes, you must reduce your voting per per vote.
This budget display is designed to help guide you on understanding how to vote optimally. As you adjust your vote power, the budget will update, displaying how many votes you would be able to cast per day at that percentage.
Of course if you don't care about the effectiveness rating of your votes, by all mean, continuing voting away. This feature is primarily for those with large amounts of SP that want to optimize their curation/reward strategies.
Happy HF19 Day
Congrats to everyone involved in making HF19 a reality. It will be interesting to see how these changes play out over the coming weeks as the rewards stabilize and more users discover their 100% voting power.
Expect a more significant update to chainBB within the next week :)